Saturday, October 18, 2008

S.H.O.O.T. O.N. S.I.G.H.T.

Out of all the bloody reasons
In this mad mad world
Which is the one they choose to persecute me?
It's Your name.
They say You are the way to "Jannat".
Then why have you become my reason to blame?
Why am I subjected to endless shame?
Why am I a pawn in an unwilling game?
Why is my integrity tested at every turn?
Why am I spurned when the whole world burns?
Branded as evil before I am born
Today I am somebody who's most forlorn.
Even before I can arrive
It becomes difficult for me to survive.
It's not my war
And they pull me in.
It's my identity
And it has become a sin.
They conveniently forget that I am human.
All I am to them is another "Muslim".
Maybe all of you, the whole lot of you is right.
Because I dont't know how to fight your might.
Maybe that's the only solution for your nice world.
Shoot all of us on sight.

(Inspired by the collective experience of watching Body of Lies and Shoot on Sight.)

1 comment:

Neel said...

It touches,
you write.

you write,
I read.

I read,
I know.

How it must have touched you.