Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Y.O.U.R. F.A.C.E.


Your face
With half shut eyes.
That calm grace.
Surrounded by an aura of peace.
A soothing smile on it.
A smile you could use to please.
A smile you could use to tease.
A smile beckoning my release.
From the cycle of hurt and pain.
The closer I get to you
The slower I breathe.
The more I breathe slow
The more Your face glows.
I bask in your peace.
I bathe in your glory.
Feel naked in your eyes.
Feel complete by your side.
All fears you release.
All pains you banish.
All questions you answer
All doubts you rest.
Drawn to you as naturally
As an infant to a mother's breast.
I keep rising in your light
As I keep falling in love with your sight.


(This poem is inspired by what the author believes Gautam Buddha's face would look like.)


(Image courtesy:My first Buddha painting)

No comments: