Wednesday, June 4, 2008

C.A.T.E.R.P.I.L.L.A.R.

Caterpillar Caterpillar...
break your mold...
Outside the cocoon...
lies the real gold...
Warmth and comfort...
Your lovely prison holds...
But outside of it....
Truth and freedom enfolds....
Yes you can spend your life...
In your comfort zone....
Yes you can start and end your days...
With the same old drone...
Yes you can choose to grow....
Only as much it allows you....
Yes you can save yourself
From the sun that could douse you...
I am sure it will be the most hassle free life...
And I am sure it will be the sweetest lie.....
Of course you will feel accomplished...
When you peep from your tiny window
To look at a little portion of your sky....
But from where I am standing and looking at you...
Happy little thing...You will never fly, never fly, never fly....


2 comments:

Neel said...

Oogway,

It's a lovely poem.

I wish I never have to use it though.. :)

Po

Witness said...

I wish so too Po!