Tuesday, June 10, 2008

T. O. H.O.W.A.R.D. R.O.A.R.K.

You cut me into lines and angles...

And then crushed me into gravel...

You drilled into me ruthlessly.....

Sending cracking vibrations through me....

I looked at you for support...

And you hammered at me to teach me strength....

I began to flow like sand....

And you bound me like concrete to teach perseverance....

You stood at the edge of a cliff...

And made me feel like I am standing at the brink of sane insanity....

You jumped into waters unknown...

And plunged me into depths unfathomed....

You fought all the self proclaimed gods of society....

And then forced yourself into me to show me you are human....

You conjured buildings made out of your character...

So that I could see a fearless skyscraper.....

You tore at every thing that came your way ....

So that I could feel my breaking point.....

You refused to be a living sacrifice to a world long dead....

And made me understand what does it mean to hold your head....

You taught me the purity of passion and unpolluted happiness....

And then set me out in a world of unjust fairness....

It's not when I see buildings tearing up the sky...

That I remember you Howard....

It's just when I am down and out and begin to cry....

That I remember you Howard.....

It's when my rawness begins to thaw....

That I remember you Howard....

And then when I cut at that momentary weakness.....

With a slice of unbrazen laughter....

And once again get up from the muck of loss and sadness....

With fractured limbs to bravely court disaster.....

That is when I remember you Howard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.