Monday, May 12, 2008

R.E.U.N.I.O.N.S.


Oh that friend of mine...
Just came dropping by...
After eight long years...
He thought of saying Hi....
Wen I saw him first....
All I could do was believe it was true..
And I asked him"is that really you?"
We sat down to drink and drown...
In what all we had been through...
All those times I was alone....
All those times he could hardly get by....
All those times I cried....
All those times he thought he almost died....
All those people I tried....
All those moments he despised....
We split to build something new....
But every moment I wanted to be with you.....
We went far and wide.....
Took long and big strides....
Fought against the tide....
Ran madly after life....
Till all the wells had dried....
And then he decided to....
Take that road again....
Be it hail or rain....
And then just as he had gone....
He was standing like that in my lawns.....
I asked him what brought him back.....
He said he had gone for the starry nights....
But he has come back for dawn........

No comments: